Diving into the world of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is thrilling, but encountering a GPU driver error can be a buzzkill. If you’re facing this issue, we’ve got a step-by-step solution to get you back in action.
How to Resolve the GPU Driver Error in Modern Warfare 3
- Identify the Error:
- The error will typically direct you to a webpage link. This link will lead you to the Activision article discussing the need to update your video card drivers.
- Navigate to the Driver Update Page:
- Follow the link provided in the error message or check the Activision support page for driver updates.
- Scroll down to find links for AMD, Nvidia, and Intel drivers.
- Update Your Graphics Driver:
- Based on your graphics card (AMD, Nvidia, or Intel), click on the respective link.
- For Nvidia: Select your graphics card series, operating system, and download the latest driver.
- For AMD: Choose your graphics series, select your product, and download the appropriate driver.
- For Intel: Click on Graphics, identify your graphics series, and download the relevant driver.
- Install the Updated Driver:
- Once downloaded, run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to update your graphics driver.
- Restart and Play:
- After updating the driver, launch Modern Warfare 3. If the error persists, consider restarting your system and trying again.
- Identify Your Graphics Card (If Unsure):
- Press the Windows key + R, type in “DxDiag” and hit Enter.
- Under the “Display” tab, you’ll see details about your graphics card and its manufacturer.
Staying updated with the latest graphics drivers ensures a smooth and error-free gaming experience. Now that you’ve resolved the GPU driver error, it’s time to immerse yourself in the intense combats of Modern Warfare 3. For more troubleshooting tips and game guides, check out our other articles.