In the vast universe of Starfield, managing your ship and outposts effectively is crucial. One of the key aspects of this management is ensuring you have the right crew capacity.
In Starfield, each crew member can take on specific roles that contribute to the overall functionality and efficiency of your ship and outposts. These roles include Pilots, Engineers, Medics, Scientists, and more.
For instance, Engineers ensure that the ship’s systems are running smoothly, while Medics are crucial for maintaining the health and well-being of the crew during long space voyages
This guide will walk you through the steps to increase your crew capacity for both ships and outposts.
Table of Contents
Step-by-Step Guide to Increasing Crew Capacity in Starfield
In Starfield, your crew plays a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth operation of your ship and outposts. Having a larger crew can provide numerous benefits, from better ship management to more efficient outpost operations. Let’s delve into how you can increase this capacity.
A larger crew offers several advantages. With more hands on deck, you can ensure faster repairs, better resource management, improved defense against external threats, and enhanced exploration capabilities. This not only ensures the smooth operation of your ship but also increases the chances of successful missions.
1. Understanding Ship Services:
- Head to New Atlantis or similar locations.
- Locate the Ship Services area, where you can interact with the ship vendor.
- Here, you can view available ships for sale and their respective crew capacities.
2. Buying a New Ship:
- Different ships come with varying crew capacities.
- For instance, the Rambler II has a crew capacity of two, while other ships can accommodate up to six crew members.
- Ensure you check the reactor class of the ship. At the start of the game, you can only fly ships with a reactor class of ‘A’.
While having a larger crew has its perks, it also comes with its set of challenges. Increased crew means higher resource consumption, potential for conflicts among crew members, and the need for extensive training sessions. It’s essential to strike a balance and ensure that the crew size aligns with the ship’s capabilities and mission requirements
3. Modifying Your Current Ship:
- Access the Shipbuilder option.
- You can modify the cockpit or Habs (Habitats) on your ship.
- Some cockpits and Habs allow for increased crew capacity. For instance, certain Habs can accommodate more crew members.
- Remember, you can only have one cockpit, but multiple Habs on your ship.
Starfield offers opportunities for players to train their crew members, enhancing their skills and expertise. Engage in specific in-game missions or training modules to ensure your crew is always at the top of their game. Remember, a well-trained crew can make the difference between a successful mission and a failed one.
Increasing Crew Capacity on Outposts
In Starfield, outposts play a crucial role in establishing your presence on various planets and locations. Just like ships, increasing the crew capacity of your outposts can be beneficial for managing larger operations. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Setting Up the Basics:
- For any outpost, you’ll need some fundamental structures. Ensure you have an outpost airlock and a habitat (Hab) set up. These are essential for accommodating crew members.
- Accessing the Scanner:
- To add components to your outpost, access your scanner. This tool allows you to view and modify the structures within your outpost.
- Adding Crew Stations:
- Under the ‘Miscellaneous’ section in your scanner, you’ll find the ‘Crew Station’ option. This component is vital for increasing the crew capacity of your outpost.
- Ensure you have the necessary resources (like nickel, aluminum, and iron) to build a crew station. Once you have the materials, you can add more of these to your outpost to increase its crew capacity.
- Assigning Crew to the Outpost:
- After increasing the crew capacity, you’ll want to assign crew members to the outpost.
- Access your crew management menu, and you’ll see a list of all your crew members and where they’re currently assigned.
- From this menu, you can assign or reassign crew members to your outposts based on your needs.
- Monitoring and Management:
- Regularly check on your outposts to ensure that they are functioning optimally. With more crew members, you’ll have better efficiency in operations, but it’s also essential to monitor resources and ensure the well-being of the crew.
Assigning Crew to Ships or Outposts
- Once you’ve increased your crew capacity, you can assign crew members to specific roles on your ship or outpost.
When increasing your crew capacity, consider the design aspects of your ships and outposts. While it’s tempting to accommodate as many crew members as possible, it’s essential to ensure that the ship remains agile and efficient. Think about space allocation, accessibility, and the overall design to ensure a harmonious living and working environment.
Tips for Efficient Crew Management
- Reactor Class: Always check the reactor class of a ship before purchasing. It determines if you can fly the ship.
- Ship Size: Increasing crew capacity might make your ship larger. Ensure you’re comfortable with the ship’s size and maneuverability.
- Skills: Some skills can aid in increasing crew capacity. Invest in these skills for better crew management.
Safety should always be a priority. With a larger crew, it’s crucial to have protocols in place for space travel, exploration, and potential combat situations. Regularly conduct safety drills and ensure that every crew member is familiar with emergency procedures.
As you progress in Starfield, you’ll come across advanced modifications and technologies that can further enhance crew capacity or efficiency. Stay updated with the latest advancements and consider integrating them into your ship and outposts for optimal results
In Starfield, having a capable crew can make your space adventures more enjoyable and efficient. By understanding how to increase your crew capacity, you can ensure that you have the right team to tackle the challenges of the cosmos.
For more insights and tutorials on Starfield, check out our other Level Push gaming guides.