In the expansive universe of Starfield, customizing and upgrading your ship is a pivotal aspect of gameplay. One of the features that can significantly enhance your ship-building experience is the ability to duplicate ship parts.
This guide will walk you through the process and provide tips to ensure you get the most out of this feature.
How to Duplicate Ship Parts in Starfield
Duplicating ship parts in Starfield allows players to quickly replicate essential components, ensuring a symmetrical design or simply adding more functionality to their ship. Whether it’s landing gears, engines, or other modules, duplication can save time and streamline the ship-building process.
1. Locate a Ship Services Area:
- Head to a location like New Atlantis.
- Near your landing spot, you’ll find a Ship Services area.
2. Engage with the Ship Services Technician:
- Approach the technician and initiate a conversation.
- Choose the option to modify your ship.
3. Access the Shipbuilder:
- Inside the modification menu, navigate to the shipbuilder option (e.g., “X” on Xbox).
- This section allows you to view and modify your ship’s components.
4. Duplicating a Part:
- Hover over the part you wish to duplicate.
- An option to “duplicate” will appear (e.g., “Y” on Xbox).
- Select this option, and a copy of the part will be created.
- You can then move and place this duplicated part wherever you desire on your ship.
Note: Duplicating parts will cost credits. The exact amount will be displayed at the top of the screen.
- Part Availability: If a part was found at a specific port, ensure the Ship Services area has that part. If not, duplication won’t be possible.
- Design First: Before duplicating, finalize the design and color of the part. Make all desired changes, then duplicate to ensure consistency.
- Deletion: If you change your mind, you can delete the duplicated part. Navigate to the part and select the “delete” option.
Tips for Effective Part Duplication
- Color Customization: Before duplicating, you can change the color of parts. Use the left stick button to access color options and adjust hues and saturation to your liking.
- Cost Awareness: Always be aware of the cost associated with duplicating parts. Ensure you have enough credits before proceeding.
- Strategic Duplication: Duplicate parts that are essential for your ship’s functionality or symmetry. Commonly duplicated parts include engines and landing gears.
Duplicating ship parts in Starfield is a game-changer, allowing players to quickly enhance and customize their ships. By understanding the process and making strategic decisions, you can create a ship that’s not only functional but also a reflection of your personal style.
For more insights and tutorials on Starfield, check out our other Level Push gaming guides.