Palworld, the popular creature-collection and survival game, has released its latest updates for Steam and Xbox platforms.
The patch notes were announced on January 31, with the Steam version, marked as v0.1.4.0, already live and the Xbox version (v0.1.1.3) set to follow suit shortly.
Palworld patch notes for January 31 update
Find everything included in the January 31 Palworld update for Steam patch v0.1.4.0 and Xbox patch v0.1.1.3 below.
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash under certain conditions
- Fixed an issue where if another player’s pal/base pal had HP 30% or less, it could be captured by using a sphere.
- Fixed an issue where enemy pals would get stuck in walls due to charge attacks.
- Implemented the first fix for an issue where the game would always crash and save data would be corrupted when the guild’s total number of pals captured reached around 7000.
- The game no longer crashes even if the total number of captured objects exceeds 7000.
- However, save data that has already been in this state (in the case of a server, the server’s world data) prior to this update will still be unable to load.
- We are continuing to work on fixing this issue permanently.
- Added support for mouse side keys and numeric keypad in keyboard key configuration.
- Further improvements are currently planned, such as support for interact key configuration.
- Fixed an issue where players on dedicated servers and co-op (online) were receiving damage twice.
- Specifications have been changed so that you can move at extremely low speed even when you have exceeded the weight limit.
- Players will no longer pass through walls when dismounting.
- Fixed an issue where capture power strengthened by Lifmunk Effigies was reset when using memory reset drugs.
- Fixed an issue where armor could be equipped in the wrong slot.
- Adjusted camera positions of several Pals to make it easier to see when mounted.
- Specifications have been changed so that Pals who are manually assigned to a breeding farm will not become hungry and their manual assignments will not be removed.
- The key to lift Pals has been changed from F → V (Pad: X → Y) in order to prevent accidents.
- Reduced the speed and range of fire spreading on wooden buildings.
- Fixed an issue where manual work assignments could not be set at all under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where extremely high-level Relaxaurus would attack the base during raids.
- Added several measures to prevent base Pals from getting stuck.
- Fixed an issue where Pals would get stuck while transporting items and would drop them on the spot.
- Fixed an issue where Pals at the base would continue to cut down trees that were already cut.
- Fixed an issue where Pals at the base were on the verge of death due to unexplained falling damage.
- Fixed an issue where Pals at the base would float under some conditions.
- Fixed an issue where if a farm was built on the second floor or above, work pals would be unable to move on the floors below.
- Corrected incorrect text
- Measures have been added to prevent cheating and stealing other players’ Pals.
- Many other minor fixes such as the addition of a UI key guide.
Palworld January 31 patch notes summary
Palworld’s latest update mostly addresses critical stability issues. Players will be relieved to find that the game-crashing bug under specific conditions has been resolved.
Additionally, the developers have implemented the first phase of a fix for a serious issue causing game crashes and save data corruption when the guild’s total pal count neared 7000. While this fix prevents further crashes, players whose save data was previously affected will need to await a permanent solution.
Moreover, an exploit allowing players to capture weakened pals from others using a sphere has been fixed. Similarly, enemy pals getting stuck in walls due to charge attacks is now a thing of the past.
These updates are a big step forward in enhancing Palworld’s gameplay, providing stability, and ensuring fair play. Keep an eye out for the Xbox update, and enjoy these new changes on Steam today!