In the ever-evolving world of NBA 2K, the developers are constantly striving to enhance the gaming experience.
The recent release of Patch 1.2 has brought a slew of changes. Let’s break down the key updates and the reactions they’ve garnered.
NBA 2K24 Patch 1.2 Notes
- Fixed an issue that was causing physics to break when using controllable rim hangs in certain situations
One of the most talked-about glitches in the game was the controllable Rim hangs issue, where players would endlessly spin around the rim. This physics-breaking bug has now been addressed, much to the relief of gamers.
City Updates for a Smoother Experience
- Numerous fixes to game stability in the City have been made
- Resolved a user-reported stutter when playing games on the RISE affiliation courts
- You can now properly join a friend in the Gatorade Rental Courts when using the Social Menu
The city, a central hub in NBA 2K, has received multiple stability fixes. Players had reported stuttering issues, especially when playing games in the affiliation courts. This patch promises a smoother experience. Additionally, joining friends in the Gatorade rental court via the social menu, which was previously a cumbersome process, has now been streamlined.
MyCareer Progression Tweaks
- Adjusted the Minimizer quest so it is easier for all player types to complete
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause a hang when loading into a MyCAREER save
- Addressed an issue that could prevent advancement to the second NBA season
- Resolved a hang when heading to the arena floor before NBA games
- Michael Jordan can no longer be passed on the GOAT tier list before winning your 7th championship
- Users can no longer apply the same Floor Setter to more than one badge.
MyCareer mode, a favorite among many, wasn’t without its issues. The patch has made it easier for all player types to progress. A significant fix addresses a bug that prevented players from advancing to the second NBA season. In a nod to basketball history, Michael Jordan’s position on the GOAT tier list has been solidified; he can’t be surpassed until a player wins seven championships.
Shooting Mechanics Debate
Shooting in NBA 2K has always been a topic of debate. The developers have emphasized that there’s no RNG (Random Number Generation) in shooting, making it purely skill-based. However, this has sparked discussions among players.
Some argue that a purely skill-based system might not reflect the unpredictability of real-life basketball, while others appreciate the challenge it presents.
- Resolved a hang that could occur in the Trade Finder menu when exiting and re-entering under certain conditions
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Warriors to get rebranded incorrectly going into future seasons in MyNBA