Pyke, Garen, and Shaco are set to receive significant nerfs when League of Legends Patch 9.21 rolls out, according to a recent patch preview by Lead Gameplay Designer Mark Yetter.
In a tweet sent on Tuesday, October 15, Yetter confirmed that the three champions will be receiving attention in the upcoming patch. After getting “mini-reworks” in Patch 9.20, Garen and Shaco had become slightly too strong and these changes will look to balance them with the rest of the champions.
Yetter also revealed the six champions that are likely to receive buffs in Patch 9.21. Kog’Maw and Maokai are two of the seemingly forgotten champions that will receive improvements in the next patch.
See below for all of the changes listed in the League of Legends Patch 9.21 preview:
Pyke has been a reasonably strong support champion for a long time now. These changes will reduce Pyke’s survivability and make it easier to punish Pyke players for mistakes in the early game.
- HP per level lowered from 100 to 90
- Gift of the Drowned Ones (passive) grey health reduced from 30-81% to 20-50% of damage taken
Shaco was rarely played before the mini-rework in Patch 9.20, but as his capabilities improved, so did his pick rate. The next patch aims to slow Shaco’s jungling speed by reducing the duration of his Jack in the Box ability.
- Jack in the Box (W) box duration reduced from 60 seconds to 40 seconds
Patch 9.20 brought significant improvements to Garen’s abilities and base stats. As such, his pick rate and win rate has improved to the point where he now has the highest pick rate and best win rate in all ranked play.
- Judgment (E) base damage per spin reduced from 8-24 to 4-20
- Twisted Advance (W) mana cost reduced from 60-80 to 60
- Twisted Advance (W) damage increased from 50-150 to 70-170
- Nature’s Grasp (R) root time increased from 0.6-2.4 to 0.8-2.6 seconds by distance
- Reaping Slash (Q) damage increased from 60-140 to 75-155
- Reaping Slash (Q) bonus damage to monsters decreased from 55 to 40
- Jaws of the Beast (Q) max HP damage increased from 6-8% to 6-10%
- Blood Hunt (W) attack speed increased from 50-110 to 70-110%
- Siphon Power (Q) damage increased from 50-110 to 60-120
- Caustic Spittle (Q) damage increased from 80-280 to 90-290
- Void Ooze (E) damage increased from 60-240 to 75-255
- Help, Pix! (E) shield increased 80-220 to 80-240
- Help, Pix! (E) damage increased 80-200 to 80-240
- Guinsoo’s Rageblade now works as intended.
Jake founded Level Push in 2019 and is committed to covering all aspects of gaming. He started playing competitive League of Legends and Call of Duty in 2010. As an economics graduate, Jake is uniquely positioned to provide business and industry insights.