Riot Games officially announced the latest champion for League of Legends on October 26, Senna, the Redeemer, giving birth to the first ‘pseudo’ marksmen support.
Senna has finally escaped Thresh’s grasp, exiting his lantern with the aid of Lucian in a stunning champion trailer, reuniting Lucian with his long lost lover as Senna will enter summoners rift on Patch 9.22.
Patch 9.22 includes a wide range of nerfs and buffs to close out the 2019 Season, see below for all the changes listed in the Patch 9.22 preview:
Riot is nerfing Ashe’s early game trading capabilities, although she has been picked in just 2.89% of games at the 2019 World Championship. The changes emphasize the movement speed slow aspect of her Volley (W) rather than its harassing potential.
- Volley (W) mana cost increased from 50 mana to 70 mana
Blitzcrank will receive another nerf as the buff to his Rocket Grab (Q) in Patch 9.19 left him a strong state, requiring a light nerf to weaken his damage output.
- Rocket Grab (Q) base damage decreased from 80/135/190/245/300 to 70/120/170/220/270
Kai’Sa has both late-game isolated burst damage and early-game minion shoving potential, these nerfs will give her opponents more leeway when zoning her away from minion waves while also addressing her powerful late-game potential.
- Icathian Rain (Q) non-minion multi-hit missile damage decreased from 30% to 25%
Kayle’s late-game presence is a force to be reckoned with, these nerfs will make her more vulnerable during the laning phase to compensate for her late-game scaling.
- Radiant Blast (Q) base damage decreased from 70/115/160/205/250 to 60/100/140/180/220
- Celestial Blessing (W) cost increased from 60/70/80/90/100 to 70/80/90/100/110 mana
The lack of counterplay around Malphite’s one-shot potential when building full ability power has been addressed, lowering his ability power ratios.
- Unstoppable Force (R) ability power ratio decreased from 1.0 to 0.8
Nautilus is too well-rounded at all stages of the game, nerfing the primary target damage of his ultimate in the early stages, ensuring his target priority during team fights is more important.
- Depth Charge (R) primary target base damage reduced from 200/325/450 to 150/275/400
Pantheon has seen no play during the 2019 World Championship, being banned 74 times in the main event (100% of games). This sentiment is also shared across the ranked ladder as he has been overly strong for too long.
- Comet Spear (Q) minion damage reduction reduced from 20% to 30%
Comet Spear (Q) execute threshold reduced from 25% of the target’s maximum health to 20% of the target’s maximum health
- Shield Vault (W) dash speed is no longer increased from boots
Alongside Kai’Sa, Xayah has also been nerfed (two of League of Legends’ strongest marksmen currently). Specifically, Xayah’s hyper carry potential and attack speed steroid has been nerfed.
- Deadly Plumage (W) bonus attack speed decreased from 40/47.5/55/62.5/70% to 35/40/45/50/55%
- Sentinel (W) bonus damage on marked targets increased from 5/7.5/10/12.5/15% of the target’s maximum health to 10/12/14/16/18% of the target’s maximum health
- Sentinel (W) mark duration increased from 3 seconds to 4
- Arctic Assault (Q) damage increased from 80/120/160/200/240 (+0.4 ability power) to 80/130/180/230/280 (+0.6 ability power)
- Permafrost (E) passive now properly resets its debuff duration when reapplying at max stacks
Sylas received both buffs and nerfs in Patch 9.22, increasing his overall strength whilst including a minor nerf to check him in check.
- Health regen increased from 7 to 9
- Health regen growth decreased from 1 to 0.9
- Magic resist increased from 36.1 to 39
- Kingslayer (W) cost increased from 50/55/60/65/70 to 40/45/50/55/60 mana
- Ivern will now always dash into the melee range of the target
- Fixed a bug where Ivern would land inside some jungle camps when dashing with Rootercaller (Q)
- Fixed a bug where allies would teleport to unexpected locations when Ivern would dash to a rooted target
The full patch notes for 9.22 can be found here.