Aphelios enters the Rift in League of Legends Patch 9.42 and true power comes at a cost. By taking poison, Aphelios channels the voice of his sister, Alune. In turn, she grants him her abilities: five moonstone weapons for him to master.
Patch 9.24 offers a wide range of changes, nerfs and buffs as the last patch of the decade. See below for all the champion changes listed in the Patch 9.24 preview:
The new AD carry that introduces a nuanced ammo kit to the League of Legends ecosystem is officially live. Aphelios has five different guns to his disposal; Calibrum, the Rifle. Severum, the Scythe Pistol. Gravitum, the Cannon. Infernum, the Flamethrower, and Crescendum, the Chakram. His kit offers a new area for professional and casual players to master a different playstyle.
Check out the following links for all the information on Aphelios, the Weapon of the Faithful.
Diana’s kit has been outdated and too clunky for a long time, in patch 9.24 Riot address these issues, providing Diana with a VFX and SFX update. Specifically, her previous ultimate, Lunar Rush, has been reworked into her E, and her E, Moonfall, has been reworked into a new ultimate.
- Brand new ability icons
- VFX updates for all of her abilities, new VFX for her ultimate and better visuals on her passive
- All of the SFX’s on her abilities updated
- Base stats:
- Base mana increased from 372 to 420
- Mana growth increased from 20 to 25
- Attack damage increased from 53.04 to 57.04
- Moonsilver Blade (Passive):
- Diana gains 10% – 40$ attack speed based on level (levels 1 – 18)
- Casting an ability triples the attack speed Dian gains from Moonsilver Blade for 3 seconds
- Moonsilver Blade (Passive) – Every third strike cleaves nearby enemies for 20-250 (+0.4 ability power) additional magic damage
- Crescent Strike (Q) – Mana cost decreased from 55 to 50
- Pale Cascade (W):
- Cooldown altered from 10 seconds at all ranks to 15/13.5/12/10.5/9 seconds
- Pale Cascade (W) – Base shield altered from 40/55/70/85/100 (total shield 80/110/140/170/200) to 30/45/60/75/90 (total shield 60/90/120/150/180)
- Pale Cascade (W) – Orb damage ratio decreased from 0.2 ability power (total 0.6 ability power) to 0.15 ability power (total 0.45 ability power)
- Pale Cascade (W) – 0.1 bonus health (total 0.2 bonus health)
- Lunar Rush (E):
- Cooldown decreased from 25/20/15 seconds to 22/20/18/16/14 seconds
- Cost decreased from 50/65/80 mana to 40/45/50/55/60 mana
- Damage decreased from 100/160/220 to 40/60/80/100/120
Damage ratio decreased 0.6 ability power to 0.4 ability power
- Moonfall (R):
- Cooldown changed from 26/24/22/20/18 seconds to 100/90/80 seconds.
- Cost increased from 70 mana to 100 mana.
- Slow changed 35/40/45/50/55% to 40/50/60%.
- If Diana pulls in one or more enemy champions, the moonlight crashes down onto her after 1 second, dealing 200/300/400 (+0.6 ability power) magic damage in an area around her, increased by 35/60/85 (+0.15 ability power) for each target beyond the first pulled
Akali has seen many changes and nerfs since her rework in patch 8.15 but the changes in patch 9.24 offer a minor nerf to her shoving potential and quality of life change to her Five Point Strike (Q) hitbox.
- Five Point Strike (Q):
- Removed the hitbox behind Akali so her Q only goes forward; Q minion and monster damage decreased.
- Rank 5 minion and monster damage decreased from 33% bonus magic damage to 25% bonus magic damage.
Kassadin is currently able to survive the laning phase and scale into the late game incredibly well, the changes to his Null Sphere (Q) and Nether Blade (W) will ensure his early levels can be punished easier by opposing laners.
- Null Sphere (Q) – Cooldown reduced from 9 seconds at all ranks to 11/10.5/10/9.5/9 seconds.
- Nether Blade (W) – Mana restoration decreased at higher levels, reduced from 4/5/6/7/8% to 4/4.5/5/5.5/6% of missing mana.
Ryze’s ability to waveclear and secure favorable trades due to his high base damage on his Overload (Q) is too high. These changes will ensure his early, mid and late game damage potential is touched down a notch.
- Overload (Q) – Base damage reduced from 80/105/130/155/180 to 65/90/115/140/165
Senna entered the summoners rift two patches ago and posed issues as both a support and AD carry. The nerfs on patch 9.24 affect both roles but mainly the AD carry aspects of her kit, ensuring she’ll be played more as support as intended on release.
- Base stats – Health growth reduced from 85 to 75
- Absolution (Passive):
- Mist wraith drop chance reduced from 5.55% on minions to 1.67%
- Absolution (Passive) – Champion clones no longer drop Mist wraiths
- Piercing Darkness (Q) – Damage reduced from 50/80/110/140/170 (+0.5 bonus attack damage) to 40/70/100/130/160 (+0.4 bonus attack damage)
- Last Embrace (W) – Root duration reduced from 1.45/1.65/1.85/2.05/2.25 seconds to 1.25/1.50/1.75/2/2.25 seconds
Despite the majority of nerfs targetted at her passive, Q and W, Senna’s ultimate, Dawning Shadow, has received a minor buff to compensate for the nerfs.
- Dawning Shadow (R) – Damage ratio increased from 0.4 ability power to 0.5 ability power
Amumu has received a most needed buff, increasing his ganking capabilities and early plus mid-game team fight power.
- Bandage Toss (Q) – Cooldown reduced from 12/11/10/9/8 seconds to 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 seconds
Braum’s received buffs all-round, increasing his early laning power with buffs to his base stats, decreasing the cooldown and cost of his W, Stand Behind Me, and finally, increasing the damage of his ultimate, Glacial Fissure.
- Base Stats:
- Health growth increased from 87 to 98.
- Health regeneration increased from 8 to 8.5.
- Stand Behind Me (W):
- Cooldown decreased from 14/13/12/11/10 seconds to 12/11/10/9/8 seconds.
- Cost decreased from 50/55/60/65/70 mana to 40 mana at all ranks.
- Resistance to ally altered from 10/14/18/22/26 (+10/11.5/13/14.5/16% bonus resistances) to 10/14/18/22/26 (+12% bonus resistances).
Resistances to self-change from 10/14/18/22/26 (+10/11.5/13/14.5/16% bonus resistances) to 10/14/18/22/26 (+36% bonus resistances).
- Glacial Fissure (R):
- Base damage increased from 150/250/350 to 150/300/450.
- Target knockup change from 0.25 seconds for those hit in the fissure, general knock up for those in close vicinity to 1-1.5 seconds at all ranks based on distance from Braum for the first target hit in the fissure, every other target hit or within close vicinity is knocked up for 0.25 seconds.
Support Karma is received a small buff to her primary shielding ability, aiding both herself and her AD carry during the lane phase.
- Inspire (E) – Base shield increased from 70/95/120/145/170 to 80/110/140/170/200.
Rammus has received some minor buffs to his base stats and cooldown on his taunt with the intent to strengthen his mid-game team fighting and late-game durability.
- Base stats – Health growth increased from 86 to 95.
- Frenzying Taunt (E) – Cooldown reduced from 12 seconds at all ranks to 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 seconds,
Sivir is receiving an extremely small base stat that will only aid her farming power within the first 10 minutes of the game.
- Base stats – Attack damage increased from 61 to 63.
Garen’s E, Judgment, has received some changes in patch 9.24. Increasing the number of spins based on his attack speed but nerfing the spin damage to compensate.
- Judgment (E):
- The number of spins increased from 7 (+1 spin per 20% attack speed) to 7 (+1 spin per 25% attack speed).
- Spin damage changed from 4/8/12/16/20 (+0-8.2 based on level) (+0.32-0.4 attack damage) to 4/8/12/16/20 (+0-6.6 based on level) (+0.32-0.4 attack damage).
Yuumi’s raw damage as a support has posed problems for teams being unable to hard engage onto her. Patch 9.24 has seen nerfs to her primary damage ability, Prowling Projectile (Q), while changing the rest of her kit to focus on a more supportive, healing role.
- Passive (Bop ‘n’ Block):
- Now restores 50-160 (levels 1-18) mana when returning to the original friendly target.
- Base shield increased from 50-300 (levels 1-18) to 60-400 (levels 1-18).
- Prowling Projectile (Q):
- Mana cost increased from 50-300 (levels 1-18) to 60-400 (levels 1-18).
- Damage ratio decreased from 0.45 ability power to 0.3 ability power.
- Empowered damage changed from 50/85/120/155/190/225 (+0.65 ability power) to 50/95/140/185/230/275 (+0.4 ability power).
- Missle duration decreased from 3 seconds to 2 seconds.
- You and Me (W):
- Channel time now has a channel time of 0.25 seconds when attaching from an unattached state.
- Yuumi no longer teleports with her Anchor when attached.
- Immobilizing Yuumi places this ability on a 5-second cooldown.
- Yuumi and her ally grant each other 5/7/9/11/13 adaptive force (+4/7/10/13/16% of their respective adaptive force to Yuumi increases her ally’s adaptive force by 12/14/16/18/20 (+12/14/16/18/20% of her attached ally’s adaptive force) (Yuumi grants herself the same amount).
- Zoomies (E):
- Grants 25/30/35/40/45% attack speed to herself or the Anchored target,
- No longer stock charges.
- No longer increases Yuumi’s healing based on the target’s missing health.
- Heal increased from 30/40/50/60/70 (+0.1 ability power) to 70/110/150/190/230 (+0.3 ability power).
- Cooldown decreased from 18/17/16/15/14 seconds to 12/11/10/9/8 seconds.
- Cost changed from 30/40/50/60/70 mana to 100/115/130/145/160 mana.
- Movement Speed changed from 25% decays over time to 15%, no longer decays over time.
- Duration increased from 2 seconds to 3 seconds.
The full patch notes for 9.24 can be found here.
Adam is a master's degree student studying esports at Staffordshire University. He is originally from Manchester, UK, and possesses an unrivaled passion for everything esports.