League of Legends Patch 10.3 has arrived and the update will impact several support champions, in particular. Akali and Wukong have also been targeted in the latest League update, with significant changes being made to each champion now that we’re a few weeks into Season 10.
Akali is one of the controversial changes this patch, with players complaining for a while about her mobility. Riot has swung the nerf hammer at her reducing the assassin’s ability to dash around, as well as targetting her wave clear.
Five Point Strike (Q):
- Energy cost increased to 120/115/110/105/100 from 100/95/90/85/80.
Twilight Shroud (W):
- If Akali is immobilized whilst in the shroud, she will be revealed for the duration of the immobilizing effect.
- Movement speed while in the shroud has been changed from a flat 20/25/30/45/40% whilst in the shroud to a decaying movement speed of 30/35/40/45/50% for 2 seconds.
Perfect Execution (R):
- The initial cast of her ult has to target an enemy champion, changed from being a free target. The target range is 625, with the dash distance being 625-675 depending on the distance from her target.
- The time she can dash again for has been increased to 2.5 seconds after the first cast, from 1.75 seconds.
A lot of the player base feels this is too much, an immobilizing effect revealing her from her shroud is seen as too much. However, if she is invisible you have to hit her with a skillshot to apply an immobilizing effect. I think revealing her is a decent reward for having hit a skillshot on an invisible champ. Whilst the change to her ultimate helps to reduce her escape potential, without touching on her ability to get onto enemy champions in the first place.
This change, again, was something that was requested by many players, especially professional players who thought the infinite range on his Calibrum mark was ridiculous.
- The Mark range (from the active ability) has been reduced to 2,000, from an infinite range.
- Base mana increased from 438 to 480.
Emperor’s Divide (R):
- Soldiers count increased, changing the width of the ability’s impact. Increased from 5/6/7 to 6/7/8.
This shouldn’t (hopefully) change too much; if anything the changes would reward the lower elo players by giving them a bit more leeway and helping to hit ults that they would otherwise just miss. The only interest I would have is if the increased size blocked off more passages, allowing Azir to completely block escapes/engages.
A buff to Corki’s Special Delivery, it should make it feel more impactful. Again, hopefully, this shouldn’t make him stronger and bring the Azir vs Corki midlane matchup back into meta.
- Special Delivery damage per second changed from 7.25/25 (37.5% base AD)(+5% AP) to 7.5/25 (+50% base AD)(+6% AP).
- Special Delivery’s slow and burn damage duration increased to 1.5 seconds, from 1 second.
A slight buff to Galio’s Winds of War, should help his damage output and wave clear slightly.
Winds of War (Q):
- The duration of the tornado changed from 1.5 seconds to 2 seconds.
- Damage ticks increased to 4, from 3 (basically keeping it a tick per .5 seconds as before).
Miss Fortune has been seen as a priority pick, along with Aphelios and Senna. Builds have allowed her to get away with basically no attack speed items, this nerf is going to help address that.
- Attack speed per level decreased to 2.25% from 3%.
Depending on the reason why she has been seen at a high level recently, this could knock her down a peg or simply mean that players have to change the build for her.
Rumble, again, has been seen as a priority pick, especially over in the East where he’s been played as a mid laner. These tiny changes focussed on his Scrap Shield should reduce his sustain, as the mana-less champion can no longer spam the shield to himself protect from any poke.
- Base AD decreased to 61 from 61.036.
- Base armor increased to 31 from 30.88.
Scrap Shield (W):
- Movement speed bonus decreased to 15/20/25/30/35% (22.5/30/37.5/45/52.5% when enhanced by his passive) from 20/25/30/35/40% (30/37.5/45/52.5/60% when enhanced).
- Shield value decreased to 60/95/130/165/200 from 80/110/140/170/200.
Riot seems to have reduced Sejuani’s resistances in favor of upping her clear speed slightly.
- Level 1 attack speed increased to 10%, from 0%.
Fury from the North (Passive):
- Ability is now affected by hits from small monsters.
It does mean she won’t be able to leave the jungle and go straight into a fight, as she will have to wait for her passive to reset. But it does mean she can stack her passive quicker.
This is Riot trying to make Senna more of a support without hurting her Marksman ability.
- The rate of soul drops for minions not killed by Senna increased from 25%, from 20%.
- The rate of soul drops for cannons Senna has killed decreased to 1.67% from 100%.
Curse of the Black Mist (E):
- (Bugfix) Senna’s allies will no longer turn invisible temporarily if Senna dies during her E.
Sett has clear weaknesses, which has seen players seem a bit unsure of how good he actually is. But his sustain and survivability from his passive and his Haymaker shield are pretty strong. Riot has decided to turn it down a peg.
- Base HP regeneration decreased from 9.25 to 8.
- Cooldown increased from 16/14/12/10/8 to 18/16.5/15/13.5/12.
- Base damage decreased to 90/120/150/180/210 from 90/125/160/195/230.
- The maximum damage now appears in the ability tooltip.
Apparently, Sona was a hidden sleeper op (Evil Geniuses recently played her botlane with Tahm Kench, again). They’ve looked at the movement speed she gives herself this patch.
Song of Celebrity (E):
- Self-movement speed from this ability decreased to 20%(+3% per 100 AP) from 25%(+4% per 100AP).
Demonic Ascension (R):
- Tooltip updated to no longer include “Demonflare health healed as damage lowered to 37.5% from 75%”.
Some changes to Wukong, might as well be a mini rework! This means his trading will be pretty strong once he has all 3 abilities unlocked, now his passive is actually useful. You no longer need to watch out for his clone spam poking you down, as it only affects those Wukong has recently damaged.
- Base HP decreased to 540 from 577.8.
- Mana decreased to 265 from 265.84.
- Base MR decreased 28 from 32.1.
- Mana regeneration per 5 seconds decreased to 8.04 from 8.042.
Strength of Stone (Passive):
- Entering stealth or brush grants Wukong a shield equal to 40 (+10% of his maximum health). This effect can trigger every 16/14/12 seconds at levels 1/7/13.
Crushing Blow (Q):
- Cooldown: 8/7/6/5/4 seconds.
- Cost: 30 mana.
- Wukong’s next attack gains 125 extra range, deals 15/30/45/60/75 (+65% bonus AD) bonus physical damage and reduces the target’s armor by 10/15/20/25/30% for 4 seconds.
Warrior Trickset (W):
- Cooldown: 22/20/18/16/14 seconds.
- Cost: 50/55/60/65/60 mana.
- Wukong dashes towards the cursor and becomes Invisible for 1 second, leaving behind a stationary clone for 3 seconds. the clone attacks nearby enemies Wukong has recently damaged for 50/62.5/75/87.5/100% AD physical damage.
- (Invisible – Wukong can only be revealed by True Sight or enemy Turrets.
Nimbus Strike (E):
- Cooldown: 10 seconds.
- Cost: 40/45/50/55/60 mana
- Wukong dashes to an enemy, sending 2 clones to mimic the dash against up to 2 additional nearby enemies. Each enemy struck takes 65/100/135/170/205 (+80% base AD) magic damage.
- After dashing to an enemy, Wukong gains 30/35/40/45/50% attack speed for 4 seconds.
- Cooldown: 120/105/90 seconds.
- Cost: 100 mana.
- Wukong spins his staff around for 4 seconds, gaining 30/40/50% movement speed. While spinning, he deals (2.5/5.5/8.5% (+1% per 10 total AD)% target max health) as physical damage per second to nearby enemies, and knocks them up for 1 second the first time they are hit.
- Damage to monsters capped at a maximum of 200/400/600.
These changes will surely bring Wukong into the meta. The changes suggest a bruiser type build would be best for him, since his passive scales with his maximum health, but his reliance on stealth will likely mean the lethality builds we regularly see will do fine on him. Note it says that its enter stealth or a brush, so entering a warded brush wouldn’t affect it but with a minimum cooldown of 12 seconds, it won’t be a case of walk in and out of bushes during trades.
Prowling Projectile (Q):
- Mana cost changed to 90 at all ranks from 85/90/95/100/105/110.
- Empowered damage decreased from 50/95/140/185/230/275 to 45/80/115/150/185/220.
- This ability now also deals +2/3.2/4.4/5.6/6.8/8% of the targets current health as damage.
You and Me! (W):
- Yuumi’s crowd control lockout duration now scales down alongside her cooldown reduction.
- Silences no longer count as immobilizing CC.
- Healing changed to 70-190 (+40%AP) (exact numbers per level currently unknown) from 70/110/150/190/230 (+30% AP).
It looks like Riot is trying to bring Yuumi back into play. Her early game is hardly touched, so she won’t be poking you more than normal whilst in lane but an increase to her heal as the game goes on, as well as helping reduce the lockout if you CC her as she jumps around, should help make her more viable once more.
Monster Hunter Buff (part of the jungle items):
- Large Monsters grant +60 experience, changed from +50 experience.
- First Large Monster bonus experience is now +150 experience, from +165 experience.
- Penalty for excessively farming lane minions changed from -10 gold from minions (removed on Jungle item completion) to -13 gold from minions (removed at 14 minutes).
- Krug camp total experience changed from 160 to 175.
- Krug camp total gold changed from 125 to 135.
- Krug camp experience and gold redistributed
- Large Krug base experience changed from 55 to 37.
- Medium Krug base experience changed from 15 to 18.
- Small Krug base experience changed from 10 to 14.
- Large Krug base gold changed from 65 to 42.
- Medium Krug base gold changed from 10 to 13.
- Small Krug base gold changed from 5 to 9.
Blue and Red Buff:
- The base experience changed from 115 to 110.
Monster experience level scaling:
- Level 1-3 is unchanged.
- Level 4 changed from 1.025x to 1.075x.
- Level 5-6 changed from 1.1x to 1.15x.
- Level 7 is unchanged.
These changes should help the issue Junglers have faced, providing more experience from each large minion and solving the problem of Krugs being the camp everyone avoids.
It’s that time of year again, the next set of Valentine Skins are for Yuumi and Jinx. This pair of skins are filled with love hearts and pink. How many duos are going to be seen with these skins to show their love for one another? The strong bond between the carry and their marksmen.
There are also VFX updates for Nautilus and Annie.
Nautilus has a new animation for his root, new trails on his basic attacks, and new effects for his Dredge Line. With more rocks added to Subterranean Nautilus and AstroNautilus is now more space-y.
Annie has had cleanups to her fire-y animations, and Tibbers’ entrance has a larger visual impact. Recolors for her skins, as well as special effects added to Annie in Wonderland (she now throws out playing cards as part of her W!)
Last but not least is True Damage Senna Prestige Edition. Worth 100 Prestige Points, the skin was designed by the creative director for the house of Louis Vuitton, Nicolas Ghesquiere. Given gold accents, sparkles and clean edges. The skin has the well known LV symbol embossed on Senna’s gun, and she’s been given a new outfit.