The closed beta for Guilty Gear -Strive- will take place from April 16. 2020 through April 19, 2020. Players can sign up now for a chance to gain early access to the new entry in the Guilty Gear series. The game is slated for release in late 2020, to the Playstation 4.
Arc System Works America, Inc. announced that the closed beta version of the game would have seven characters available for play: Axl, Chip, Faust, Ky, May, Potemkin, and Sol. They’ll also get a look at the in-game user interface and revised character screen.
The release version of Guilty Gear -Strive- will use rollback netcode for online play. Rollback netcode allows both players to have as close to a seamless experience in gameplay as possible in that they are running versions of the game simultaneously without having to wait on input from both players to proceed. The closed beta will use delay-based implementation as the game’s rollback implementation is still being developed.
To be eligible to sign up for the closed beta, players must have a Playstation 4 with an internet connection (USA, Japan, or Europe). Players don’t need a Playstation Plus account to participate. The sign-up period is from March 18, 2020, through April 5, 2020. Players who responded to surveys at events where the demo version was showcased and applied for priority access do not need to re-apply. Their space has already been recorded and confirmed. Players that have been selected for the closed beta will be notified by email starting April 20, 2020.
The PDT closed beta test schedule is as follows:
- April 15, 2020 – CBT is available to download (Time to begin may vary)
- April 16, 2020 – 20:00 Server start of service (Offline mode available)
- April 17, 2020 – 20:00 – 24:59 Online Testing (1)
- April 18, 2020 – 12:00 – 16:59 Online Testing (2)
- April 19, 2020 – 03:00 – 07:59 Online Testing (3)
The UTC closed beta test schedule is as follows:
- April 16, 2020 – CBT available to download (Time to begin may vary)
- April 17, 2020 – 03:00 Server start of service (Offline mode available)
- April 18, 2020 – 03:00 – 07:59 Online Testing (1)
- April 18, 2020 – 19:00 – 23:59 Online Testing (2)
- April 19, 2020 – 10:00 – 14:59 Online Testing (3)
For more information on the closed beta and to sign up for a chance to participate, visit the Guilty Gear -Strive- website.
Eileen is a writer and artist based in Westchester, NY. This creator of websites and human life has accomplished some things and visited some places. When not playing an unhealthy amount of Breath of the Wild, she enjoys playing Call of Duty and indie video games.